New Page 1
|Name||Md. Humayun Kabir, ppm|
|Rank||Deputy Inspector General of Police|
|Contact Address & Tel. no.||DIG Highway, Telecom Bhaban, Razarbag, Dhaka|
Phone : +88-02 9335504 (Office)
: +88-02 9351879 (Res)
Mobile : 01713-373092
Fax : +88-02-9330760
SP Highway (East Zone)
|Rank||Superintendent of Police (East Zone)|
|Appointment||Superintendent of Police|
|Contact Address||SP Highway Police (East Zone), Comilla.|
|Contact Telephone number||+88-081-61031|
Fax : +88-081-61038
SP Highway (West Zone)
|Rank||Superintendent of Police (Current Charge) |
|Appointment||Superintendent of Police (West Zone)|
|Contact Address & Tel no.||SP Highway Police (West Zone), Bogra.|
:+88 051 60410, +88 051 60420 (off)
:+88 051 60440 (Res)
Mobile : +88 01712-296819,
Highway Police of Bangladesh
To make our road safer and to ensure smooth traffic management system, Government realized the necessity of highway Police. Under sec/12 of the Police act 1861 the govt. of the peoples republic of Bangladesh made this highway Police rules in the year 2005.
Sanctioned Strength of Highway Police
Jurisdiction of Highway Police
* National Roads and Highways
* Shoulders of National Roads and Highways
* Footpath of National Roads and Highways
* 10 Feet area on both side of National Roads and highways
* All vehicles playing on National Roads and Highways
* All passengers playing on Nationals Roads and highways
* Drivers and helpers playing on National Roads and highways
* All pedestrians walking on shoulders
* All Goods Transported by National Highways
Highway Police Unit
* Traffic Unit
* Investigation Unit
Responsibilities of Traffic Unit
* Maintain and ensure discipline of the bus, truck terminal, parking area, toll plaza, passenger stoppage etc.
* Enforcing traffic rules on the highway
* To ensure Road Safety
* Roads Traffic Management
* Traffic Control
* To execute Traffic Act
* To remove Road Blockage
* Other duties assigned by the Government
Responsibilities of Investigation Unit
* Maintaining Low and Order situation on Highway
* To Investigate Highway crime
* Prevention of Highway crime
* Collection and Dissemination of Intelligence
* To Recover Drugs and Narcotics
* To Recover Illegal Firearms
* To Recover Smuggled Goods
* To arrest suspected persons
* To maintain Liaison with Other Law Enforcing Agencies
Authority of Highway Police
- Identifying it jurisdiction and shortage of manpower.
--- total manpower 2042
---present working 1643
- In sufficient transport and fuel.
- Infrastructural problem etc.
- Independent radio communication systems are yet to be established.
- proper training on first aid to handle RTA victims.
- Equipment and logistics,
Digital Road Map etc.